SSC Examination- 2018
English 2nd Paper
1. Fill in the blanks with words from the box. You may need to change the forms of some words. You may need to use one word more than once:
2. Fill in the blanks with suitable words:
3. Make five sentences using parts of sentences from each column of the table below.
(a) Many of us have misconception about blood donation.
(b) By donating blood we save the life of dying patients.
(c) Blood donation is a very noble deed.
(d) Every man in sound health can donate blood after every three months.
(e) Donating blood will cause no harm to us.
4. Complete the following text with right forms of verbs given in the box.
(a) was asked
5. Change the narrative style of the following text.
Shabab asked Tahsin if he (T) had visited the Shat Gombuj Mosque. Tahsin replied in the negative and told that he had not had. Shabab said that he had been there previous week. He also explained with joy/wonder that the mosque was very beautiful. Tahsin proposed going there following year.
6. Change the sentences according to directions:
(a) Taimur is one of the greatest conquerors of the world.
(b) Once young Taimur attacked the province of a powerful prince.
(c) He entered the kingdom of the prince and capture a large village.
(d) Taimur’s all soldiers were killed by the army.
(e) He disguised himself as a poor traveller so that he could survive.
(f) Comming to a house, he asked for something to eat.
(g) There lived a woman who was old.
(h) Didn’t the woman become sympathetic to see Taimur.
(i) How hot the food was!
(j) Taimur was so hungry that he could not wait.
7. Complete the sentences:
(a) It is English which is spoken all over the world.
(b) But most of the students don’t know how to speak English.
(c) If a student wants to do well in English he will have to practise more.
(d) Unless he/she practises it, he/she will not be able to make a good result.
(e) It is high time we developed our educational system.
8. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the root words given in the parenthesis.
9. Make tag questions of these statements”
(a) At present, everybody likes cricket, don’t they?
(b) Students hardly miss watching this game, do they?
(c) Nothing is more enjoyable to them than cricket, is it?
(d) How exciting the game is! isn’t it?
(e) Let’s play this game, shall we?
10. Complete the passage using suitable connectors.
(c) so that
(d) as /because
(e) as a result
11. Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text:
“What’s your programme after the examination?”, asked Ratul. Nabil said, “I haven’t yet decided. can you suggest any?” “Let’s go on a picnic,” said Ratul. “What an excellent idea!”